One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
University of Texas at Austin - regarding admission chance
Prudhvi Br Prudhvi Br Member Join date: Dec, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I am interested to do my Master's in Electrical Engineering and specialize in Communications. I have shortlisted my universities to apply and UT-Austin is in thee top of the list. My profile is as follows. Gre-298 IELTS-7 3 in-plant trainings, 6 Projects and 2 International papers in my UG. What are my chances of getting an admit here ? Thanks.
  • December 05, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Prudhvi,

It is important to apply to 6 to 8 USA Universities when you apply which should be equally distributed in following 3 categories.

1. Difficult (with your profile but still you have outside chance)

2. Medium (equal chance of getting admission or offer denial)

3. Easy (safe and high admission chance)

The reason being is that after all the hard-work and money that you have spent on this process you do not wish to have no admission and lose your year. Time is precious!

I find UT-Austin in the "DIFFICULT" category.

Best regards,

Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai, India

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'University of Texas at Austin - regarding admission chance'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.