One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
University of Wollongong or University of Newcastle
Suresh Kumar profile image Suresh Kumar Member Join date: May, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Dear Sir, This is Suresh and have done my masters in software engineering. Currently residing in India with more than 2.5 years of IT experience. I am planning to do an MBA abroad and I have shortlisted University of Wollongong Dubai and PSB academy Singapore (MBA - University of Newcastle). I have my friend who can help for my accommodation in Singapore but in Dubai I don’t have much of support but many are telling I can get a part time job as my course timing is from 06- 10 pm. And Also PSB MBA is just one year course. Please help me in selecting which one is good in terms of my future career, job prospectus and degree value. Thanks & Regards, Suresh Kumar P
  • May 09, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Singapore

Replies (2)

Nanthini Jp Nanthini Jp Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 78 Points: 1085 Trusted Advisor

Dear Suresh, since you have chosen Singapore - according to the government you are not suppose to do your part time job when your in student visa. But once you complete your degree and get the university degree certificate along with an offer letter you may apply for your 2 years work permit (later then 2 years PR). But when you plan to go for Dubai, you may not able to stay for a long - rather you can work and come back to India. 

If you graduate in Singapore and get UK university degree. You can directly apply for UK universities and get the certificate which is for 1 year course with part time job. After completion of your degree you can extend 2 years work permit with a job offer letter. 

When compared to dubai, singapore will be the good option. 

Nanthini Jp | Peterkins Educational Solution Pvt. Ltd.
Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, PSB's Newcastle MBA has an internship as well for up to 6 months in good MNC's and SME's. Wollongong MBA is also very good and sucess rate for jobs in Dubai is quite high. Newcastle is ranked inside the Top 200  and Wollongong just outside 200 and not much of a difference between them. 

But as rightly researched by you, you can find a Full time work in Dubai while studying and several of my students who have gone to Dubai are working and studying at the same time. 

Dubai and Singapore are both strong economies and jobs are never a problem in both places. I guess it is a very difficult choice and seek help of a Professional education counsellor. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'University of Wollongong or University of Newcastle'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.