One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
University profile evaluation for USA - PLease advice some Universities
Sourabh Patodi profile image Sourabh Patodi Member Join date: Apr, 2013 Posts: 2 Points: 10
Hello sir, please evaluate my profile- Gre-306quants-159,verbal-147,AWA-2.5 Toefl-90 Cgpa-8.25 upto 6th sem 2 internships 1 major project on ferrocement economical paver blocks Ug degree-B.E. civil engg from Rgpv bhopal Remained university topper for my 2nd year and i am a topper of my department in the colg. I have won many technical competetions and participated in many co-curriculums Seeking admission for construction engineering and management degree: Applied to -USC TAMU COLLEGE STATION ASU UNI. OF FLORIDA What are my chances of admission in the above universities And plz suggest me some more university where i can apply according to my profile and your expertise is needed asap..thanx in advance
  • September 24, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (2)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

You have a good profile except that your GRE score is low and your AWA score is very low which could be the reason for denial of admission. I will suggest you take your GRE again. Your preference university list is good enough for admission with your new GRE improved score.

I will not be able to suggest any universities as it would not be in the same range as you have specified in your preference cause of your low GRE. 

You could also write good SOP explaining the reason of low GRE and AWA score? Why the university should accept you inspite of your low GRE and AWA score? You could also contact department and correspond with them for the same. However taking GRE again will be a safe bet for admission purpose.

Regards, Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Sourabh Patodi profile image Sourabh Patodi Member Join date: Apr, 2013 Posts: 2 Points: 10

thanx sir

Add a quick reply to 'University profile evaluation for USA - PLease advice some Universities'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.