One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
University Selection for MS in US
Sumit Bhardwaj Sumit Bhardwaj Member Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

Respected Sir/Mam ,

I am currently working in Qualcomm as chip design engineer and have 1.5 yrs of experience . My profile is  : GRE= 325 , TOEFL= 105  UG %age= 74  12th = 94% 10th = 92%

But the only drawback is that i dont have any research papers or any descent projects . But since i am in semiconductor company , i want to pursue my MS from USA in Microelectronics . Can you please tell me whether i will get good universities for this course in this profile .

• February 18, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Subhashini Vithyapathy Subhashini Vithyapathy Expert Join date: Sep, 2013 Posts: 75 Points: 1185

Hi Sumit, you have a academic scores and GRE/TOEFL scores. University admission team will not see only your project and publications. The team will consider several things like your GPA, GRE, TOEFL/IELTS scores, LOR, SOP, work experience, extra-curricular activities and etc. Few list of universities based on your profile:- Rochester Institute of Technology, University of Texas At Dallas, University of Arkansas, Colorado School of Mines , University of California, Riverside , University of Illinois at Chicago , Oregon State University , Duke University , Fairleigh Dickinson University, Metropolitan Campus and many more. Do mail me for further discussion at enquiries@hotcourses.co.in, so that we can start the process.

Deepika Ch Deepika Ch Member Join date: Jan, 2014 Posts: 3 Points: 30

Hi Sumit,

Your academic scores and GRE/TOFEL scores are very good. It is not necessary that you MUST have papers published. If you do, it becomes an add on. You have work experience. So just project these and your personal talents in a very good manner in your SOP and CV. 

Add a quick reply to 'University Selection for MS in US'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.