One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 3 posts
Universities for MS in VLSI - Help me shortlisting
Dhinesh Raja Kannan profile image Dhinesh Raja Kannan Member Join date: Oct, 2013 Posts: 2 Points: 10
I have taken my gre and toefl and my marks are gre:304(V-145 & Q-159 AW-2.5) and toefl:86 I have a good academic background. I completed my UG in Coimbatore Institute of Technology and have cgpa of 8.35/10. I was district topper in both tenth and twelfth board exams and marks are 477/500 and 1172/1200 respectively. i need assistance in University shortlisting for my profile. I am interested in doing MS in VLSI design. Also, i have done 5 projects in my academic curriculum. Waiting for ur reply. Thanks,
  • October 24, 2013

Replies (3)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Dinesh,

Good Morning to you!

I feel you should take your GRE again as you have good profile to apply within top 50 universities of USA from 4000+ universities. Most USA universities have GRE has one of the admission parameter. You need to improve your GRE score by 15-20% from the current levels. Also you have to work hard on your AWA and score minimum 3.5 or above.

I do hope that you will take my above advice positively. Otherwise you will have to selected universities in the range of 70 to 100 with your present GRE scores.

It will be difficult to give any list without proper pre-application research. Please check each university website for admission requirements before you apply. Apply early i.e., October'13 to 15th January 2014 for FALL 2014 intake.

Best regards,

Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai, India

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Dhinesh Raja Kannan profile image Dhinesh Raja Kannan Member Join date: Oct, 2013 Posts: 2 Points: 10

I need one more information. Is that only who study in top colleges can shine in US? I am determined now to study and these marks have aggravated my affinity for studies and i will study well.I have some list of universities matching my profile and i will post them here. Can u please suggest me about the universities.My area of interest is VLSI design.

1.Southern Illinois University Edwardsville

2.louisiana state university baton rouge

3.university of north carolina at charlette

4.Michigan Tech University

5.State University of New York at Buffalo

6.University of Texas at Dallas

7.University of Texas at Arlingtan

8.Illinois Institute of Technology

9.California State University Fullerton

10.University of south Florida

11.New Jersey Institute of Technology.

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Dinesh,

Thank you for your reply.

I am happy that you are motivated enough and I wish you very best for your studies abroad. 

Best regards,

Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai, India

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'Universities for MS in VLSI - Help me shortlisting'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.