One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
USA education after a 3 year undergraduate
Nivee Kiwi profile image Nivee Kiwi Member Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 5 Points: 0
I'm currently pursuing Bsc mathematics. i would like to do Ms in USA. Most of the universities requires a 4 year undergraduate. so can u please help me out on how to go about it?
  • August 27, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Madhan Kumar Madhan Kumar Expert Join date: Feb, 2013 Posts: 601 Points: 9315

Hi you can go for pathway to undergraduate course to accomodate the year...check out  Pathways to undergraduate IT and Computer Science courses in USA to know more details... 

Kunal Ambasht Kunal Ambasht Expert Join date: Jul, 2013 Posts: 36 Points: 540 Trusted Advisor

Dear Nivee,

Your dilemma is very similar to that of another candidate I interacted with on this forum recently.

Let me clarify that not all US Universities want 16 years of education to be completed. Some may accept you with 15 yrs as well. However, they will want to have a closer look at your B.Sc. Mathematics transcript and ask for a WES evaluation before deciding on whether you need another 1 yr of studies.

Having said that, I would strongly urge you to directly contact a few US Universities to get a sense.

To summarize, I want you to believe what the Admission Committee says rather than going by a general perception prevailing among students.

Hope this helps.

Kunal Ambasht | EGE Global Education

Add a quick reply to 'USA education after a 3 year undergraduate'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.