One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Virtual or classroom course for GRE
Ashutosh Gautam Ashutosh Gautam Member Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

Hi, I have a few question listed below.

1. should i go for online tutorials (virtual classes) or should i attend a classroom coching for GRE? Please note that i am a working professional.

2. can you please suggest any good cochings for GRE preps based in mumbai. I mainly need to prepare verbal part.

3. can i get into an reputed MBA program with 1 year experience?

4. i have not applied for any universities yet. can i still get admission in fall 2014?

• February 04, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (1)

Priya G Priya G Expert Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 64 Points: 880

Hi Ashutosh,
Answers to your queries are listed below,
•    Effectiveness of both the options depends on individual’s effort and interest. You cannot improve your score, only by attending GRE class (either Online/ Classroom),doing as many practice timed test, hundreds of  sectional tests as possible  and memorizing vocabularies  are equally important.
On the other hand, In Classroom coaching Faculties with insider knowledge & experience would guide you about the test strategies, Time management techniques. Even though you can buy several books, if find it difficult to understand certain concepts, experts in the GRE coaching will be able to help you. Furthermore collaborating with fellow students in the class, who have similar goals could derive lot of motivation.
•    Most of the coaching centers offer weekend classes, analyze with Demo classes, References and Recommendation about best centers in town.
•    Basically all reputed B schools looks for graduates with 3+ years of work experience ,however there are many schools which accepts students profile with 1 year experience ,provided  with 720+ in GMAT ,with best Essay summaries & recommendation letters on case to case basis. If you want to do MBA, then taking GMAT test is sensible.
•    Yes there are deadlines available for some Universities for Fall 2014 Intake. You can find list of Universities in Uniguru Website.

For more clarification write to enquiries@hotcourses.co.in

Add a quick reply to 'Virtual or classroom course for GRE'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.