One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Visa Question: Why you choose community college instead of University?
Ravi Shankar Tripathi Ravi Shankar Tripathi Member Join date: Oct, 2013 Posts: 2 Points: 0
During visa interview if visa officer ask me why you choose community college instead of university then what i have to answer at that time....??
  • October 22, 2013
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Ravi,

During visa interview one of the thing you need to prove is that your are a genuine student and you wish to study in USA. You may prove that the program you have applied is unique and not provided in India or the university you have applied is better than one in India.

When you apply to community college in USA, the visa officer believes that there are better institutions available in India. Hence the visa officer doubts your intention of study in USA. I cannot provide any reasons to you but you need to answer the above question and post it so that I can evaluate the same for you.

Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai, India 

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'Visa Question: Why you choose community college instead of University?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.