1 800 103 2581
- March 24, 2012
- Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States
1. Which MBA program should I choose?
As you have done B.Tech in IT and if you wish to gain further knowledge in the same area than you could choose MBA in IT or pursue MIS (Management Information System). Further you could do major in various areas of Finance, Marketing, International Business, Human Resource, etc.
2. How will I assure acceptance in that program?
Studies abroad is a research subject as student's profile need to be matched with foreign university admission requirement to provide best possible match unless you wish to choose USA university which have no ranking and has few or no admission requirement which increases your admission chances. Hence, without proper research it will be difficult to assure acceptance in MBA program.
3. How much will it cost, any loans available?
The total cost varies based on ranking, location, public or Private University, etc. The total cost per year will be anywhere between INR 12 lacs to 35 lacs for MBA program, Yes, top USA university offer study loans but admission is difficult and limited to best profile students. For other universities, you will have to take loan from Indian banks.
4. Will I be able to get a part time job to support my living?
Yes, after 6 months you could apply for off-campus /on-campus jobs and you could earn to meet part or whole of your accommodation and living expense but not tuition fees.
5. Will I be able to get a good job in New York after MBA?
USA has become no 1 for Indian students because of the jobs availability and long term settlement possibility. However, job will depend on how you market yourself, your performance during MBA and your networking skills, etc. I hope you use best of these to get a good job at USA.
List of NY University:
1. NYU Stern School of Business
2. CUNY - Baruch - Zicklin School of Business
3. Columbia Business School
5. Pace University - Lubin School of Business
6. Binghamton - SUNY
7. SUNY - Stony Brook
8. University of Rochester - Simon Graduate School of Business
9. Syracuse University - Whitman School of Business
10. New York Institute of Technology.