One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
want a good post graduate program in new york
Pushpinder Singh profile image Pushpinder Singh Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I am currently doing graduation in B.Tech. I.T. in Punjab Technical University. My degree will aggregate to 75-80%. I furthur want to do MBA in New York which has always been my dream. I gave an online Toefl test and scored 95/120. Iwant to ask you; 1.Which MBA program should i choose? 2.How will i assure acceptance in that program? 3.How much will it cost,any loans availible? 4.Will i be abe to get a part time job to support my living? 5.Will i be able to get a good job in New York after the MBA?
  • March 24, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

1. Which MBA program should I choose?

As you have done B.Tech in IT and if you wish to gain further knowledge in the same area than you could choose MBA in IT or pursue MIS (Management Information System). Further you could do major in various areas of Finance, Marketing, International Business, Human Resource, etc.

2. How will I assure acceptance in that program?

Studies abroad is a research subject as student's profile need to be matched with foreign university admission requirement to provide best possible match unless you wish to choose USA university which have no ranking and has few or no admission requirement which increases your admission chances. Hence, without proper research it will be difficult to assure acceptance in MBA program.

3. How much will it cost, any loans available?

The total cost varies based on ranking, location, public or Private University, etc. The total cost per year will be anywhere between INR 12 lacs to 35 lacs for MBA program, Yes, top USA university offer study loans but admission is difficult and limited to best profile students. For other universities, you will have to take loan from Indian banks.

4. Will I be able to get a part time job to support my living?

Yes, after 6 months you could apply for off-campus /on-campus jobs and you could earn to meet part or whole of your accommodation and living expense but not tuition fees.

5. Will I be able to get a good job in New York after MBA?

USA has become no 1 for Indian students because of the jobs availability and long term settlement possibility. However, job will depend on how you market yourself, your performance during MBA and your networking skills, etc. I hope you use best of these to get a good job at USA.

List of NY University:

1. NYU Stern School of Business

2. CUNY - Baruch - Zicklin School of Business

3. Columbia Business School

4. Fordham University

5. Pace University - Lubin School of Business

6. Binghamton - SUNY

7. SUNY - Stony Brook

8. University of Rochester - Simon Graduate School of Business

9. Syracuse University - Whitman School of Business

10. New York Institute of Technology.

Cheers!

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'want a good post graduate program in new york'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.