One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Want to study in USA, Loan is the problem. Any other alternative?
Kunal Sharma Kunal Sharma Member Join date: Aug, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi, I have completed my Bachelor's in Computer Science and now I am interested to do Master's in Computer Science from USA. But my main problem is finance. Taking a loan is not possible as my Dad is non-working (retired) and we do not have our own property against which I can take loan. All I can afford is 5-6 lacs which is nothing. The other option is MBA/MSc from London which cost around 17 lacs. In this case too I can't manage the finance. Is there any other option? Anyone who has been in a similar situation and has knowledge about it?
  • August 24, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Kunal,

Yes, it is possible to manage your cost per year within 5-6 lacs provided you get a good GRE score. I assume you have reasonable academic records in which case you need to apply one year before the intake start date.

University are independent in USA and admission parameters and weightage is different in different universities. I will suggest you to do a good research or follow pre-application process to find universities for you to apply. The early deadlines of Sept/Oct/Nov 2013 for FALL (August/September) 2014 intake are mostly scholarship deadlines. Visit individual university website to find more on scholarship details. Scholarships depends on funding available with the independent university you wish to apply and hence checking individual university website for scholarship is important.

All the best!

Regards, Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai, India

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'Want to study in USA'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.