One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 3 posts
What are best colleges in USA for doing MS in Sound/Audio Engineering? Scholarship details?
Christopher Kattikat Peter profile image Christopher Kattikat Peter Member Join date: Nov, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I have completed B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics engineering. I'm looking forward to do MS in Sound/Audio engineering from USA or UK. I need to find the best colleges offering this degree. The course should be Audio/Sound Engineering+Acoustics design. Some universities are asking for musical background/musical audition during interview. I want to find colleges asking for academic background but not specifically on Instrument/Music proficiency. I also need details about availing scholarship and part time job options there. Kindly provide me an average expense details for tuition fees+ living expense for the whole course duration.
  • November 18, 2013
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (3)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Christopher,

Check universities on UNIGURU website.

If you are looking for best colleges in USA/UK than I guess everyone will like you to fulfill requirement of musical background or musical audition or music portfolio. If you do not have such profile then it will be good to gain few years of music exposure and than apply OR you apply to lower ranked universities.

You need to visit each university website you apply to know about scholarship details and requirement, if any.

Best regards,

Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai, India

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Mohan Kalarikkal profile image Mohan Kalarikkal Member Join date: Feb, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 10

My son has completed MTech in Electrical and Electronics from NIT.  Now he has completed 2 years working experience and would like to pursue an MS from USA (one or two year course with some practical working in USA),, but he needs a subject with Audio / Recording etc.  Can you thse advise some good colleges, we have seen Berklee, how is it.  Do you think IELTS is enough for this. Happy to discuss. Mohan

Navdeep Kaur Navdeep Kaur Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 54 Points: 785

Hi Mr Kalarikkal,

Greetings from Hotcourses!

Certainly he can pursue his MS in US and as he wishes to do Masters in Audio or Recording few Universities require some portfolios! But there are some universities where he can apply without them. Min. TOEFL 81/IBT or 7 In IELTS is required!

Admissions are rolling for Fall 2015 if he wants to apply for this intake he needs to start the application right away and book for either TOEFL or IELTS. For further information you may also contact me at our Toll Free Number-1800-103-2581 or send me your queries at also register at our website to keep receiving study abroad info.

Kind Regards,

Navdeep Kaur

Team Hotcourses!

Add a quick reply to 'What are best colleges in USA for doing MS in Sound/Audio Engineering? Scholarship details?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.