One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
what are the tests to be taken to get into MIT?
Radheshyam Etikala profile image Radheshyam Etikala Member Join date: Apr, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
As per the MIT website I can either take a SAT reasoning, ACT or TOEFL test. But I read in the reviews of students that they took SAT reasoning as well as TOEFL tests. So, could you clarify me on that please? Thank you.
  • April 27, 2012

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

You need to take SAT I test and TOEFL. ACT test is not conducted in India. SAT I is conducted by collegeboard and you can check their website for more details.

Further it is important that you check the program (course) you wish to major as few top universities like MIT may ask you to take SAT II (Subject Test) test in addition to SAT I. The subjects you need to take in SAT II will depend on your major and will be mentioned at the university website page. 

In general SAT I and TOEFL test is required for most of the universities in USA.

Richard Lasrado

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'what are the tests to be taken to get into MIT?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.