One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
what exactly game development/ design is?
Rakesh V profile image Rakesh V Member Join date: Jul, 2012 Posts: 3 Points: 0
Hello Sir/Madam I am doing B.E in C.S. I need to know what exactly game development/ design is? Is game development/design plainly based on coding or it is plainly based on animation tool. I need to know this because I am quite weak in programming if it is a coding sub then I need to concentrate on programming. Please do help me.
  • July 30, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor
Hi, Computer Games Technology provides a new learning opportunity for those wishing to develop highly focused skills in the creative technologies. During your Master's degree you will participate in a range of technical and creative activities, whilst having access to a large-scale immersive 3D virtual reality system, games research laboratories, analogue and digital sound studios, a surround sound studio, as well as industry-standard multimedia, video editing and post-production hardware and software.

You will learn how to:

create and animate 3D models
program games
design games to industry standards
manage projects
develop commercial and entrepreneurial skills

The course is specifically focused on enabling you to gain the skills that are required by games developers, especially for console and PC game development. However, it will also teach you to use games technologies, which can be used in other areas such as web design, TV and film. The ‘serious games’ sector where, for example, games technologies are being used to assist rehabilitation, training, education, simulations and so on, is also growing rapidly.

If you are interested in computer games, entertainment, graphics and animation or programming, and you have a certain flair for finding creative solutions to problems, then this is the ideal course for you. So if you are not very strong in programming, you can pick up enough skills to make it to a good Games Designer. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'what exactly game development/ design is?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.