One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
What is articulation/pathways/credif transfer?
Cathrine U profile image Cathrine U Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Credit transfer, articulation and pathways, can some one explain me the differences please? I am a UG student in my 1st year of B.com, planning for abroad studies.
  • March 15, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (2)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Articulation and Pathway are related to educational institutes and not to individual prospective students. Here the educational institute has an arrangement with foreign university which will facilitate their student in easy transfer to foreign university with whom they have this arrangement.

Credit Transfer is related to individual prospective student where the student gets his/her course evaluated if he/she has done anything extra course other than required for admission. The foreign university may give credits for extra course done so that the student does not have to repeat the same when he/she joins the respective foreign university later. This saves time and money for the prospective student who wishes to study abroad.

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Chelsea Curtis Chelsea Curtis Contributor Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 14 Points: 205 Trusted Advisor

Pathway programs can also refer to university programs, either run by the university itself, an extension of the university, or a private provider, that prepare students for undergraduate or graduate study through a mixture of English language and content classes. When the student completes the program, they should be ready to matriculate as a university student.

Chelsea Curtis | AGU Global

Add a quick reply to 'What is articulation/pathways/credif transfer?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.