One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
What is meant by unofficial transcripts?
Vishnu Muralidharan profile image Vishnu Muralidharan Member Join date: May, 2012 Posts: 5 Points: 10
My name is Vishnu Muralidharan and I wish to apply to US universities.The Admissions page in some universities' website state that we need to upload our unofficial transcripts along with the online application. In my university, we receive marksheets after every semester gets over that is signed by the University Registrar and has the university stamp on it. Apart from this, official transcripts can be requested which contain the mailing address of the destination university in a sealed envelope and signed by the University Registrar. Third, results are posted for the interim period on the Internet but they do not contain the grading scales and systems. So when I apply online what is the document that is required of me to be uploaded for the unofficial transcript?
  • November 11, 2013

Replies (2)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Vishnu,

The unofficial transcripts are the same ones that you would receive in a sealed envelope which you need to open it, scan all the pages, and upload it on the USA university online application website you wish to apply.

Best regards,

Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai, India

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Vishnu Muralidharan profile image Vishnu Muralidharan Member Join date: May, 2012 Posts: 5 Points: 10

respected sir,

thank you for your timely and comprehensive reply sir.

vishnu

Add a quick reply to 'What is meant by unofficial transcripts?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.