One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
what is the main difference between 1yr MBA and 2yr MBA?
Srikrishnan Viswanathan Srikrishnan Viswanathan Member Join date: Jan, 2013 Posts: 6 Points: 0
i am planning to do my MBA in a reputed singapore b-school. Most of the singapore b-schools except NUS,SMU,NTU are providing either UK or Australian MBA degree the duration of which is 12-15 months max. In india we are completing MBA in 24 months. So, i would like to know the difference between the two and whether my 15months MBA is recognised worldwide especially in India. im confused between the two , so kindly help me.
  • January 12, 2013
  • Preferred study destination: Singapore

Replies (1)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10670 Trusted Advisor

Hi Srikrishnan ,  the 1 year program gives you enough return on your investment as you only pay for one year of tuition & expenses, although high compared to corresponding figures for 2 year program and forgo one year’s income. But if you take into consideration the internship opportunities, scholarship/fellowship opportunities and the extra time, the 2 year program will enable you to assimilate all that information, offering a lot for you to make up for the lost ROI.

Both programs are equally competitive, rigorous and intensive. You need make the choice to select the best option suiting your time and career.

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert

Add a quick reply to 'what is the main difference between 1yr MBA and 2yr MBA?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.