One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
What is the recognition of MSc in Electrical Eingineering in Univ of Manchester,UK ?
Dev Mukherjee profile image Dev Mukherjee Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I want to know whether after doing an MSC in EE(microelectronics) in univ of Manchester, would I be able to work in USA and/or India. And what is the job prospect in UK itself. Actually, I heard that many Indian doctors are jobless there. Is this correct?? Please HELP!
  • March 25, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (2)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

University of Manchester is a Traditional University and highly ranked University in UK. An MSc from Univ of Manchester will be very good. MicroElectronics has excellent scope around the world especially in the area of Silicon Wafer Fabrication, Intergrated Circuit Design, Nano Technology & Nano devices, semiconductor Devices, etc. The program is highly Research Intensive and so you can proceed to PhD after your Masters to make yourself quite competitive. 

In general, several parts of Europe are under recession and UK also suffers from this economic trend. Good Research Intensive students and students with specilised skill sets will manage to find opportunities. But Mediocre students or someone with non-specilised skills might find it difficult to find jobs unlike a few years back when everyone had a degree from UK found some job.  But UK degrees are highly recognised around the world and so a good student can seek opportunities around the world. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

Graduate employers can operate differently around the world; UK recruiters often recruit up to one year in advance and look for a mix of skills and qualities.  

"Don't neglect your non-academic achievements whilst in Manchester. There is something for everyone on the Careers website from skills workshops to one year internships to fit your needs and boost your CV.  If you don't find something, why not set up your own work experience?"

"Similarly, there are lots of Careers Workshops on how the UK job market operates. The Getting Started sessions are always useful. Log on to CareersLink to see the latest events, or look out for a Career Management Skills module as part of your course."

Read the PDF of India/Manchester graduate network.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'What is the recognition of MSc in Electrical Eingineering in Univ of Manchester'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.