One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
What should be my academic performance to get accepted for MS in USA?
Kawshik Db profile image Kawshik Db Member Join date: Dec, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

Current Status:

College: NIT

Course: Mechanical Engg. 9 (6TH Semester)

CGPA: 7.6 ( Till 4th Sem)

I want to do MS in USA.

I know my CGPA is not so good. But is it possible to get accepted in any college in USA with that CGPA.

Provided I do average in GRE and TOEFL.

If not what CGPA I should have at least.

Another question:

I read that to apply I need at least 3 letter of recommendation. Problem is in my college no professor knows me personally. Since I'm gonna need those letters at some point,

what should I do about it?

• December 28, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Jyoti Sharma Jyoti Sharma Expert Join date: Sep, 2014 Posts: 96 Points: 1610

Dear Kawshik,

Greetings from Hotcourses.

Please note the every University has a difference requirement and US universities are quite flexible since they just do not stick to the GPA but look at your GRE, TOEFL, research, project and internship as well. Hence, work on your GRE and target a good score to make the profile good.

In regards to the Recommendation - Three LORs will be required for majority of universities so you will have to arrange them.

Do register on hotcoursesabroad.com/india/ so that we can help you with the further process.

Thanks & Regards,

Hotcourses India

Add a quick reply to 'What should be my academic performance to get accepted for MS in USA?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.