One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
What should be the level of admitting for abroad studies,Undergraduate or M.S ?
Ruturaj Jani Ruturaj Jani Member Join date: Mar, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 1

My Academics: Diploma in Mechanical Engg, With distinction from M.S University vadodara-2012,Currently As an Engineer in ALSTOM india Ltd. since 2012. 

Now I need some suggestions from expertrs and dear members on following questions.

1.Whether i should go for abroad studies in undergraduate level ? as in varios counseling site surveys opinion says "Do bachlors in your home country its more preferable for postgraduation level only"!

2.So far my personal choice is U.K, but after going through the facts i get to read online says yhat after chage of work permit and visa policy by U.K goverment its very tough to survive in U.K after complition of degree and one must come back to his/her home country.!! If its like that than,How its feasible to expend in Euro and repay the loans in Rupee.!?

3.I must stay and make some money to repay student loans in the country which i will persue degree,so if U.K is not good choice what should be the list of countries priority wise?

• March 06, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (1)

Ruth Lauener profile image Ruth Lauener Contributor Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 13 Points: 190 Trusted Advisor

My name is Ruth and I work in the International Office at the University of Sheffield in the UK.  You might be interested to know the the British Council in India recently carried out a survey of employers in India and they found that 39% of the companies surveyed find foreign graduates well prepared for their job compared to only 5-9% of companies who feel the same about graduates from Indian universities.  So studying abroad is certainly a good option for you!  You can learn so much and get so many different opportunities whilst you are in the UK - why limit this to only 1 year?

With regards to your second question, the visa rules did change a few years ago.  It is still possible to stay on after you finish - you just need to have a graduate level job paying at least £20,000 and you need to secure this job either during your course or in the 4 months afterwards.  In many ways this change has been positive as it encourages people to aim high and get those good jobs - not just any old job which many people would have got before and would have not done their CVs any good!  With regards to saving up to repay the loan some other students on the forum might be able to give you some better advice on this but I know that many students do work part time whilst studying to help with this (you can work up to 20 hours a week during term time and full time during vacations).

I hope this has been helpful!

Ruth Lauener | The University Of Sheffield

Add a quick reply to 'What should be the level of admitting for abroad studies'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.