One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
What to take? Mechanical engineering or Electrical engineering for higher study abroad?
K Mukherjee profile image K Mukherjee Member Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Sir, I am going to join Jadavpur University, India for B.E. course. But confused which one to take--ELECTRICAL or MECHANICAL ENGINEERING? Please mention which stream has more scope for higher study abroad (I am from a mediocre family, have to depend on scholarship), THANK YOU
  • June 23, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, Both Mechanical and Electrical Engineering are Core Engineering and both of them have excellent scope for opportunites for Jobs as well as Higher studies. In general, Electrical is considered a little tough to study and score compared to Mechanical. 

But the choice should be based on your personal interest or based on tests like Psychometric Tests which will help you find your personal traits suitable for a specific engineering. Prepare for your GRE exams right from your 2nd year and score well in Academics and GRE if you want to get scholarships. ( Aim for 80% in your BE and about 320 range in GRE). 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'What to take? Mechanical engineering or Electrical engineering for higher study abroad?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.