One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 4 posts
What will happen if I drop a year and then go for my PG course ?
Anurag Beniwal profile image Anurag Beniwal Member Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 4 Points: 10

Sir/mam, I want to know that what are the demerits of droping a year after completing my engineering and then apply for MBA course in UK. 

• February 12, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (4)

Subhashini Vithyapathy Subhashini Vithyapathy Expert Join date: Sep, 2013 Posts: 75 Points: 1185

Hi Anurag, your profile will not grade as low, if you have a break after your UG. Try to gain a good work experience for a year and then you can go ahead for PG course, which makes your profile more strong in getting the admission in a decent B-school. You have to justify with a valid reason for your break in your SOP at the time of admission and in the visa process. If you need more guidance do mail me at enquiries@hotcourses.co.in

Anurag Beniwal profile image Anurag Beniwal Member Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 4 Points: 10

Thank you ma'am, but would you mention me that which type of work experience I require, technical or in marketing or management as I am an engineering student but going to do MBA.

Ruth Lauener profile image Ruth Lauener Contributor Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 13 Points: 190 Trusted Advisor

Hi Anurag,

My name is Ruth Lauener and I work at the University of Sheffield in the UK where we offer an MBA programme.  It's always worth double checking with the institutions that you are applying to but you will find that most MBA programmes will not mind which field your work is in as long as you hvae some work experience at a managerial level.  You should also check on the length of experience required as this will vary from University to University.  We, for example, will look for at least 3-5 years of experience as a manager or in a supervisory role.  I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ruth

Ruth Lauener | The University Of Sheffield
Grace Singh profile image Grace Singh Member Join date: Dec, 2014 Posts: 9 Points: 90

Hey,

I have completed my studies in the UK and I do have quite an extensive knowledge about the education system and universities in the UK.

I have been through the whole process of delimma and I understand ergo I would not mind helping you out incase you need some advice. In case you need any help feel free to email me at aparnagracesingh@gmail.com

Best Wishes

Grace

Add a quick reply to 'What will happen if I drop a year and then go for my PG course ?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.