One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 5 of 9 posts
Where should i apply for further studies and how ?
Amit Chauhan Amit Chauhan Member Join date: Jan, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I have Completed my Diploma in computer engineering from Tilak Maharashtra University (India),Now i am looking forward for further studies(graduation) so need an expert advice thanks
  • January 11, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (9)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10670 Trusted Advisor

Hi Amit Chauhan !  We would like to know more information on your academic background, Country preference, budget etc., to evaluate your profile and guide you accordingly. 

Kindly click on the link given below and fill the form so that you can receive call from our Experts to guide you better!  Click here to apply online. Good luck! 

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert
Prerna Jha profile image Prerna Jha Member Join date: Mar, 2015 Posts: 4 Points: 40

Hey there! I graduated in the academic year 2014 with a distinction in Arts (Specialization – Econometrics). Finance being one of the major quotient of economics, I have had myself sink into it for past 3 years and actually enjoy it. Therefore, as the latest trend suggests, I want to opt for MBA in Finance. I have no relevant research as this is just a budding thought. To add more to my plate, I am currently interning with a finance firm to have a microscopic view of the Investment industry. Now what I need is the guidance as to what I can do about this MBA craze which has stuck onto me. Having fair scores, my parents and a couple of family friends want me to not settle for an ordinary institute but to opt for a good business school. I have an idea about the bschools, but what I would need from you guys is the unbiased view when it comes to jotting down colleges and then the preparation part! (Indian and Australian colleges preferred)!

Nishant Doshi profile image Nishant Doshi Member Join date: Mar, 2015 Posts: 4 Points: 40

MBA is really a good option to choose. Also, both India and Australia have several good colleges for MBA. As you said, you have a distinction in your final year, this would prove to be a bonus for you. To name a few Bschools in India, we have IIMs, IBS, SPJIMR, XLRI etc, I’m sure you must be aware of them. About Australia, S P Jain Global (sister institute of SPJIMR), Melbourne Business School and University of Sydney. But here is the thing – most of the bschools require minimum of 2 years of industrial experience for you to qualify for the admissions. That’s where you might face a problem. I would always suggest you to take up a job in the relevant field, gain some experience and then opt for an MBA.

Prerna Jha profile image Prerna Jha Member Join date: Mar, 2015 Posts: 4 Points: 40

Honestly, I don’t wanna wait for couple of years. Given my nature, I’m know that once I start earning, there would be no looking back for me. Hence, would like to complete the MBA as it wouldn’t break the flow for me . So, if my lack of experience is one of the constraints, isn’t there any way out? Any other good bschools you’d want to suggest which don’t require experience?

Nishant Doshi profile image Nishant Doshi Member Join date: Mar, 2015 Posts: 4 Points: 40

Most of the B schools prefer students with work experience. You might want to go through their respective websites and check out if they have a masters program or if they make any exceptions. Talk to the student coordinator at the college.

Add a quick reply to 'Where should i apply for further studies and how ? '

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.