One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 3 posts
Can I do Aviation after B-Tech Computer Science?
Jayanth Kashyap profile image Jayanth Kashyap Member Join date: Sep, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I have completed my B.Tech with computer and science eng. but I have no interest in debugging and sitting all the day in front of desk . i love working with aeroplanes . are their any courses after gre so that i can work in aviation fields ?
  • October 11, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (3)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10665 Trusted Advisor

Your interest towards Aviation courses is appreciated, but the universities may consider it to be an irrelevant course selection since you have completed your Bachelors degree in Computer Science.  GRE is an admission exam generally taken by students who wish to pursue Masters in Science and related fields. I would suggest you to go with Masters in the same field, as it would reduce the risk of applications getting rejected and would also enhance your profile. 

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert
Biruda Virkud Biruda Virkud Contributor Join date: Mar, 2013 Posts: 39 Points: 480 Trusted Advisor

Dear Jayanth,

Thank you for your query.

Comparing two streams/careers on factors that are important to you is always a good idea. This helps you gain clarity on both the streams and helps you take a well informed decision. 

But choosing a career is a matter for 40 yrs , so you need to make an informed choice weigh your aptitude, skills and interests and then decide on the best career for you 

All the  career have their own pros and cons , analyse to see which ones you have the right skills and inclination for to excel for the rest of your life

Do not go merely by trends , peer or parental pressure .

Coming to your query, you can pursue aviation programs indirectly since direct switch to aviation is not possible for a student with CS background 

I would suggest that you opt for Computer science programs for a MS program and opt for working in the aerospace industry 

But if you are very keen then you can refer to the information below for Courses in Aviation for your reference.

Do note that, The Uniguru website has an extensive library of career related articles and videos. 

If you want to gain in depth knowledge about a career or course, universities and admission process, we suggest you to refer the website closely

We hope the above information has helped you achieve clarity with regards to your query.

Also, feel free to write to us if you have any further queries. 

Biruda Virkud

Admisison Advisor

Biruda Virkud | iGrad Global
Apoorva Bansal profile image Apoorva Bansal Member Join date: Apr, 2016 Posts: 1 Points: 10

I am persuing my btech in IT field from banasthali university and beside btech i have joined the course of aviation. i have passed my SPL exam and have also completed 5hrs flying under captain Rakesh kumar and capt. Amit dahiya. i want to know is there any career for me in field of aviation

Add a quick reply to 'Can I do Aviation after B-Tech Computer Science?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.