One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Which Exam is best for MBA in US
Deepthi Priya Deepthi Priya Member Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 7 Points: 11

I want to pursue MBA in US so please can you all suggest which Exam is best is it GMAT or can i go for GRE. If only GMAT then why can't i take the GRE exam please tell the info. Currently working since 1 and half years.

Thanks in Advance.

• March 10, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10665 Trusted Advisor

Hi Deepthi,

Many schools are accepting either GRE or GMAT scores for the admissions to management program, because it widens their applicant pool, opening it up to large number of students. GMAT is quite expensive than GRE, test centre's for GMAT are also comparatively less. 

There are also differences in the verbal and math content of the GRE and GMAT. The verbal section of the GRE has more of vocabulary. The GMAT verbal emphasizes on grammar, logic and reasoning skills. While both GRE and GMAT are designed for native English speakers, GRE favors students who have good English knowledge.

GRE math emphasizes quick number sense and number manipulation. GMAT math, however, requires you to create a systematic approach in order to answer word problems

If you are strictly an MBA student stick with GMAT. If you are in a dilemma of doing either MBA or for MS go with GRE. 

All The Best!

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert
Deepthi Priya Deepthi Priya Member Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 7 Points: 11

I want to pursue MS in US now, and my GRE score is 190. Can you please suggest me which course would be better for me as i am from commerce background. I also have work experience of 2 years and completed PGDBM.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Add a quick reply to 'Which Exam is best for MBA in US'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.