One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Which type of job experience I require?
Anurag Beniwal profile image Anurag Beniwal Member Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 4 Points: 10

I am in final year of my engineering. My branch is electrical and electronics. I want to do MBA for my PG course also I want to drop a year. So I am in dilemma that which type of job experience I require. It should be technical or related to management?  

• February 19, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (2)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10670 Trusted Advisor

Hi Anurag,

Since you are looking for MBA, it would be relevant if you have experience in Management or related field. Also, some Universities in USA will need 2 years of work experience, so plan accordingly. 

All the best

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert
Ruth Lauener profile image Ruth Lauener Contributor Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 13 Points: 190 Trusted Advisor

Hi Anurag,

As Kanimozhi has said, managerial level work experience is typically what you will require.  However you should be careful to check the requirements of each University.  Some will require none however some will require a few years of post-graduation work experience.  At Sheffield, for example, we require at least 3-5 years of work experience and we have to ask for this because of our Triple Crown Accreditation.  So it's always worth checking what each University's indivudual requirements are.

The work experience is very important as it allows people to share their experiences and learn from each other.

Best wishes,

Ruth

Ruth Lauener | The University Of Sheffield

Add a quick reply to 'Which type of job experience I require?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.