One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
How to answer the question 'why have you applied for only one university' ?
Akshay Palta Akshay Palta Member Join date: Jul, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

Hi experts, This is Akshay , completed his graduation in 2014 with 71.73%. I have applied to Devry university and i got i-20 letter.

my query is if VO ask me why you applied for only one university ?..then what will be the appropriate answer

• July 12, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Dr. Shakil Khan Dr. Shakil Khan Expert Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 64 Points: 1135 Trusted Advisor

Congratulations - DeVry is a private university, and a part of a big consortium of for-profit universities. Their criteria for accepting students, foreign or local, is not so stringent. Even though DeVry is not one of the best schools, it is okay to study there. Important thing is that you got the I-20.

The Visa Officers generally do not ask how many universities you applied to, so you don't really have to worry about this question at all. In case he/she does ask - the answer could be that you applied to them because they offer the course you wish to study, or you liked their location or liked their administration, tuition policy or whatever else, which had inspired you to apply to DeVry in the first place.

When applying for a visa, you must be very honest and forthcoming. VO are trained to scrutinize every things, including your being sincere and honest. If he/she feels that you are not fully honest, they will have doubts about your other information as well, and it might hurt your chances of getting the visa. 

Dr. Shakil Khan | Dominican International Institute

Add a quick reply to 'How to answer the question 'why have you applied for only one university' ?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.