One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Will a Diploma after a 4 1/2 yr course make me eligible for an MA in Museology?
Meghna Saha profile image Meghna Saha Member Join date: Oct, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 0

Does a Diploma in Art and Design with a Minor in Museum Studies from Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology, Bangalore make me eligible for a Masters in Museum Studies in Australia? I am specifically looking at the Australian National University and the University of Sydney.  My course was four and a half years long and we were graded on a credit based system with a maximum GPA of 4.0. Srishti was recently accredited by the University of Mysore; however, having graduated in 2014 I still retain my Diploma.

• October 19, 2015
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia

Replies (1)

Mehajaffin Shajahan profile image Mehajaffin Shajahan Member Join date: Aug, 2015 Posts: 4 Points: 70

According to your query let me give the requirement of University of Sydney for Mueselogy is a bachelor’s degree with a major in one of Anthropology, Archaeology, Art History, Classics and Ancient History, Cultural Geography, Cultural Studies, Education, English, Gender Studies, History, Indigenous Studies or another major with an equivalent skills and knowledge base; with 65 percent

Must completed embedded Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in Museum and Heritage Studies with a minimum of 65 percent. 

Hence I recommend you to provide your profile with your interest  to respective department in university via email  and let them consider give a feedback about your profile for your desired program.

Add a quick reply to 'Will a Diploma after a 4 1/2 yr course make me eligible for an MA in Museology?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.