One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 5 of 8 posts
Will admission be possible
Preksha Sethia profile image Preksha Sethia Member Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

I got 90% in my 10 and 92% is my predicted score in 12th but scored only 65% in my 11th .
Will admission in USA with scholarship be possible for me in Universities like United States Naval Academy, University of California: Los Angeles, Illinois Institute of Technology, Purdue University
?

• February 21, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate

Replies (8)

Subhashini Vithyapathy Subhashini Vithyapathy Expert Join date: Sep, 2013 Posts: 75 Points: 1185

Each university and college in the U.S has its own international student entry requirements, even within the same university there may be different admissions requirements, depending on which major you choose to study. 

You should have a decent academic record in your high school of at least equivalent to a "B" average (3.00 out of 4.00) with suitable academic preparation for the intended major. Also have a minimum SAT I critical reading of 450. In addition to this, international students should obtained a TOEFL score of 80 above on the internet-based; or an IELTS score of 6.5 with no subsection score below 6.0. Visit Uniguru website for list of universities for your UG program and details of scholarship options available at US universities.

Lorraine Lobo profile image Lorraine Lobo Member Join date: Apr, 2015 Posts: 4 Points: 40

Hello, I have just finished my graduation and I am currently doing an internship with a company. I plan to do an MBA soon. I am clueless about it, could you guys tell me how do I go about it? Which colleges should I target specifically?  Will admission be possible without work experience?

Ajay Chokshi profile image Ajay Chokshi Member Join date: Apr, 2015 Posts: 3 Points: 30

Hey! So, for any reputed MBA school, one needs to have at least 2-3 years of work experience. So gaining some experience and then pursuing an MBA would be apt for you. More experience will never do you any harm, it will only make you learn more. My advice would be that you should work for a while and then do your MBA.

Lorraine Lobo profile image Lorraine Lobo Member Join date: Apr, 2015 Posts: 4 Points: 40

Hmm, true. But I don’t really want to wait for three more years and take such a huge gap between my education and work. Are you sure that colleges that do not offer MBA without work experience don’t exist?

Ajay Chokshi profile image Ajay Chokshi Member Join date: Apr, 2015 Posts: 3 Points: 30

Alright. There are colleges who may give you what you want, but they might not be reputed. Reputed colleges require work experience. It is the major eligibility criteria. Why don’t you wait for a while and gain more experience? By then you will have industry knowledge as well and you will be more clear as to what course you want to do. Many times while working people realize where their true interests lie! Dont make a hasty decision. And if you are talking about a gap between your education then let me tell you that people pursue their education even after 10 years of working. So don’t worry about that.

Add a quick reply to 'Will admission be possible'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.