One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Will low Bachelors degree aggregate affect during admissions for M.S in U.S.A
Pranav Gopal Pranav Gopal Member Join date: Jun, 2014 Posts: 2 Points: 0

sir/mam

i am recent graduate in electronics and communications engineering and i would like to take my Masters at U.S.A

i have completed my S.S.C with 80% and P.U.C with 85% and i have passed my B.E in second class with 20 passive backlogs will it be any problem during the time of admissions and during the time of Visa??

i am good in doing research activities i have published two research papers in two international conferences and i have done a project for Texas Instruments during TI analog design Contest conducted by Texas Instruments

will these research activities help me in compensating what i lost in my B.E??

please give your suggestion

Thank you

• June 20, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Dr. Shakil Khan Dr. Shakil Khan Expert Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 64 Points: 1135 Trusted Advisor

You have great credentials and all of that may play an important part in your acceptance to a graduate program. Scholastic achievements are important, but how well you do in IELTS and GRE will determine whether you are accepted or not.

Also please remember that schools in the USA compete for graduate students and what is not acceptable at one university, may not be true at another. Try several schools of your choice, including Lawrence Tech University, Southfield, Michigan, USA, which is much more liberal than others. The new President is from India and that helps too.

Dr. Shakil Khan | Dominican International Institute

Add a quick reply to 'Will low Bachelors degree aggregate affect during admissions for M.S in U.S.A'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.