One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Will the MSc program in UK hold the equivalence of MS in USA. As I need to apply for PhD in USA
Samala Venkatesh Samala Venkatesh Member Join date: Apr, 2012 Posts: 11 Points: 0
I am pursuing MSc Electrical Engineering from Staffordshire University, UK. Will this MSc is accepted by US universities for PhD programs in Electrical Engineering. I have seen US universities offering departments Electrical and Computer Engineering. When I apply to them will it be accepted because I haven't made computer subjects as option in MSc. What are my chances of acceptance?
  • June 06, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Ideally, you should have related qualification, work experience / research experience, thesis publication for PhD acceptance in USA University.

However having stated that it is still difficult to comment on acceptability to PhD progarm as it depends on individual university you apply and their admission criteria. Further, it depends on your correspondence with the indidual university and with their department professors. 

Warm Regards,

Richard Lasrado

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'Will the MSc program in UK hold the equivalence of MS in USA. As I need to apply for PhD in USA'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.