One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 5 of 16 posts
With 20 backlogs, 5.5 IELTS, 280 gre will I get admission at a university in the US?
Phani Chowdary profile image Phani Chowdary Member Join date: Mar, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 0

Hi, I'm Phani. I have completed with 63% in EEE. With 20 backlogs and a low score or 5.5 in ielts & 280 in gre, can I get admission at a uni in the US in my specialization

• March 29, 2015
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (16)

Subhashini Vithyapathy Subhashini Vithyapathy Expert Join date: Sep, 2013 Posts: 75 Points: 1185

Hi Phani,

You are eligible to apply for USA universities. It is advisable to re-take your IELTS as the minimum requirement is 6.5 but there are few universities who still accepts the application with band of 6.0. Please share me your profile to to assist you further at free of cost.

Praneeth Bobby profile image Praneeth Bobby Member Join date: Apr, 2015 Posts: 3 Points: 30

hiee. i my self praneeth. i am persuing my degree 2nd year after completing my general degree. i want to study in us .and my question is what courses are offered to bcom degree students .what are the requirements.what are the eligibilities etc plzz get me an conclusion... 

Bhavan Akula profile image Bhavan Akula Member Join date: Jul, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 10

Haiii....i competed my with 63% but i competed my ug in 5 years due to complete my backlogs  can i get  I20's from u.s univ's ?? More over my ielts 5.5 , gre 280 plzzz reply meee...thankq in advance

Subhashini Vithyapathy Subhashini Vithyapathy Expert Join date: Sep, 2013 Posts: 75 Points: 1185

Hi Bhavan,

Based on your profile you can still apply to USA universities but try to retake your IELTS so that you can apply to decent universities. Share me your resume for further guidance on shortlisting the university for your profile. My email id

Vishal M profile image Vishal M Member Join date: Aug, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 10

hi dis is vishal i m from hyd and i have completed my btech in 2014 , i have a backlogs of over 30 and my ielts-5.5 and my gre-286 and ug is 60% and i have a work experience of 1 year

Add a quick reply to 'With 20 backlogs'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.