One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Working after studies in UK - What are the possiblities
Prasanth Rajiv Prasanth Rajiv Member Join date: Apr, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I have planned to do my Master's degree in UK. I intend to go for Sept 2012 intake. Recently the UK Government had closed the Post Study Work Visa. Is there any other possibility to work there in UK after my studies? Please provide me the details about working in UK after my studies without returning back to home.
  • April 15, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (1)

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

It is very important for International students to have work opportunity at the end of their degree program as it provides international study and work exposure.  The only option open now to recently graduate international students who want to stay in the UK and work is the Tier 2 visa route, but it isn’t much of an option for most students. Students must “have an offer of a skilled job from a licensed sponsor and be paid at least £20,000 [per year]”. 

If you opt for other course check MBA Scope for good salary.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'Working after studies in UK - What are the possiblities'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.