The ties between UK and India have always been strong, across politics and academics. Students from India have been going to UK for higher studies for decades now. It is only in the recent past that some of the other countries, especially in Europe have opened doors and become options for academic programs. In promoting the same, and to attract more students The Shell Centenary Scholarship Fund has been set up.
The Shell Centenary Scholarship Fund sponsors nearly 90 students to pursue their postgraduate degrees in the United Kingdom and the Netherlands. It is a registered charity that was established way back in 1997. It is a program that helps students in developing countries and this helps the students to gain schools so that they help in the contribution of the development of the country. This scholarship program is known as Royal Dutch Shell Centenary Scholarship in Netherlands.
Some of the leading universities such as,
University of Cambridge,
The University of Edinburgh,
Imperial College London,
University of Leeds,
The University of Oxford and University College London,
Delft University of Technology,
Eindhoven University of Technology and
University of Twente are partners of this scholarship program.
- He/she cannot be an employee/ex-employee of Royal Dutch Shell group of companies
- The applicant should be under 35 years of age
- He/she should not be a resident of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom or United States.
- The course which the student chooses should be of use in the development of home country.
- The candidate should be fluent in spoken and written English. The applicant should not be a current or former employee of Shell group of companies.
- Must be fluent in English
- Must prove they possess outstanding academic abilities.
Usually if the applicant has not studied in the UK earlier and has a chance to become an opinion leader then the applicant has an edge over others.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses. Return airfare for the scholarship winner will also be covered under the scholarship program.
The deadline for application will be around end of March. The application form can be downloaded from the internet. For more details you can log on to Shellscholar.org