Sunway University is one of Malaysia's leading and recognised institutions of higher learning backed by outstanding academic achievements. The Institution occupies 22 acres in Sunway City and is among the largest fully equipped institutions in Malaysia.
Sunway University offers diplomas, degrees and postgraduate study programmes in Business, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Creative Arts, Communications, Biological Sciences, Psychology, Hospitality and Culinary Arts. Academic staff are involved in both teaching and research in their respective areas of expertise.
Sunway University offers joint award degrees with Lancaster University, UK Top 10 university and Le Cordon Bleu, France’s leading hospitality and culinary institute.
Sunway University has over 16,000 students, withabout 2,000 international from over 90 countries. Excellent on-campus accommodation is available to more than 4,000 students. Students benefit from a safe and conducive study environment. The University is located in Sunway City, which is a 35-minute drive from the capital Kuala Lumpur, and 45-minute drive from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA).
Tier 5-Excellent Rating
In July 2014 the institution was classified for the 3rd time as Tier 5-Excellent in the SETARA 2013 Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Sunway University also achieved a Tier 5- Excellent rating in the first ever D-SETARA discipline-based rating system for Hospitality and Tourism disciplines by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency in 2013. The D-SETARA measures quality of teaching and learning in academic disciplines at undergraduate level of universities in Malaysia.
The QS World university ranking and rating organisation has rated Sunway University as 4-stars out of a maximum of 5-stars in its 2015/2016 QS Stars results.
Sunway University achieved 5-star ratings in the “Teaching”, “Employability” and “Facilities” categories. This rating by a globally recognised organisation places Sunway University on a par with long established international institutions.
- over 40,000 students have successfully graduated
- Winner of Export Excellence Awards (Services) in 2001, 2005 and 2009 from the Ministry of International Trade & Industry
- ISO 9001:2008 certified Sunway CampusLibrary which encompasses three floors and spans an area of more than 72,000 square feet
- Highest Enrolment of Foreign Students Award by the Private Education Department in 2003.
- Rated Tier 5-Excellent by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency
- Rated 5-stars for Teaching, Employability and Facilities by QS World University ratings agency