Got your Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) results? So how much did you score? If your GRE score is in a range of 310–320, then this article will tell you to which US universities you can apply.
But before we do that, you need some preliminary titbits: ‘How to send your GRE scores to universities? and How much time you should spend for preparing for GRE? There are a lot more information (articles) related to the topic for you on our site.
Remember that to get admissions to the below universities, your GRE score is not just the only criterion but your overall profile matters. You need to have a good academic profile starting from your bachelors degree.
Try to understand that a candidate with a GRE score of 308 might get admissions at a university which has the criteria of GRE 315–320 range whereas a candidate with a GRE score of 325 might not get admissions at the same university. This depends on several factors: the academic profile of the candidate, the profile of the average (other) candidates who apply to the same university. Hence, it is highly competitive and difficult to predict which university will take you, without actually knowing your academic history.
The top US universities where you can apply at:
1. Arizona State University: the Arizona State University (ASU) is a research-oriented University based out of Phoenix, USA and has international students from over 130 countries. The 2015 U.S. News & World Report ranking of U.S. colleges and universities ranked ASU’s undergraduate program 63rd among public universities and 129th of 280 ‘national universities’. According to the Times World Ranking, the ASU ranks 189 in terms of teaching, international outlook, industry income, research and citations.
2. Indiana University Bloomington: Indiana University Bloomington (IU) was established in 1820. The IU is a highly reputed university and ranks 201 according to the Times World University Ranking 2015–16.
3. State University of New York at Buffalo: commonly referred to as SUNY, Buffalo, it is premier research-intensive institution and is the largest public university in the state. It is organised into three campuses and has decent average tuition fees.
4. University of Colorado Boulder: considered to be one of the thirty ‘Public Ivy League’ schools. Holds world ranking 116, the University of Colorado Boulder is a leading American university.
5. Iowa State University: the Iowa State University (ISU) is a public university in the cosmopolitan city Iowa. In 2015, The U.S. News & World Report ranked 22 University of Iowa graduate programs among the top 25 in the nation.
Did you know that the ISU played a pivotal role in developing the atomic bomb as a part of the Manhattan Project?
6. Mississippi State University: the Mississippi State University (MSU) is considered the top 100 best colleges in America by the Forbes.
The other universities where you can apply at:
- Penn State University
- Boston University
- Virginia Tech (Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University)
- University of California – Santa Barbara
- University of California – Davis
Do you have your GRE scores? If yes, why don’t you have a word with our advisors to know where you can apply at and what’s the minimum cut-off mark?
Please let us know if this article is useful and share it with your friends.
Image credit: GRE Adwords.