With 190 years of quality teaching, Leeds Beckett University is one of the largest universities in the UK with many nationalities represented by our 32,000 students. We offer quality teaching in an exciting learning environment and an unforgettable student experience.
On 22 September 2014 Leeds Metropolitan University became Leeds Beckett University. Our name has changed, but our proud tradition of excellent education continues. You will still get the great experience that you’d expect from us and we hope you’ll be part of our exciting future!
93.7% of our students go into work or further study within six-months of graduating* (Source*Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey 2012/13).
We employ expert academics who maintain close links with industry to ensure that you leave us with the latest skills, knowledge and professional accreditation that your choice of career demands. In recent years we have established links with global employers such as Disney Channels EMEA, KPMG, Manchester United, Redmayne-Bentley, Connolly Europe Limited, 3M and Omerta Game Ltd.
- We were ranked 1st in the UK for size of classes and assessment, and 1st in the UK and 4th in the world for personal tutors. 99.5% of our international students were satisfied with our expert lecturers. *
- The only university in the UK to hold both the Customer Service Excellence (July 2013) and Investors in People Gold (January 2014) standards.
- One of only three universities to be awarded the RoSPA Gold Medal for Occupational Safety and Health in recognition of achieving five consecutive gold awards (March 2014).
- Wide variety of Pre-sessional, Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research programmes
- One year internationally recognised masters qualifications
- Flexible start dates in January and September
- Free English language support and fee discounts for international students
- We gained 8 points of excellence in our last British Council inspection, placing us in the top 1.5% of British Council accredited Language Schools in the UK.
From modern facilities and great research and learning resources, to fantastic support services and guaranteed accommodation for international students – there are lots of reasons to make Leeds Beckett your first choice.
- Guaranteed accommodation for all international students, applying by the given deadline
- Libraries open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Award-winning buildings including the Rose Bowl, Carnegie Pavilion and Broadcasting Place, named the best tall building in the world by a global council of architects
- The world famous sports ground, Headingley Carnegie Stadium, is the cutting edge teaching facility for our Events, Tourism and Hospitality students
- World-class sports facilities chosen by the Chinese Olympic Track and Field Team as a training base for the 2012 Olympic & Paralympic Games
- Admissions on a rolling basis
- No application fee
- Hospitality and Tourism courses offer a work and study option of one year each
- IELTS requirements are waived off for applicants who score 60% or more in English
One of the largest cities in England, Leeds has a population of 751,500 and is conveniently located in the middle of the UK, just over two hours by train from London. Leeds is one of the UK's largest centres for financial and professional services outside London, with more than 30 national and international banks located in the city. (source: Leeds City Region website).