St Marys welcomes students from all over the world. With more than 160 years of history and teaching excellence there really isn't a more ideal location in which to undertake your studies. With a short train ride to central London and nestled on the banks of the River Thames, St Mary's has everything you could want from a London study experience.
St Mary’s was established in 1850, maintaining excellence in teaching ever since. Our students come from around the globe, and account for just under 10% of the total student population of over 6000 and follow full degree, Study Abroad, Erasmus, and overseas collaborative programmes.
Our self-contained campus is steeped in history, being set in the grounds of Horace Walpole’s Strawberry Hill mansion, a world famous example of the Gothic Revival style; and also includes modern and well-resourced teaching blocks, student accommodation, learning resources centre and state-of-the-art sport facilities.
Our experienced and dedicated lecturers, many of whom are respected international scholars, are committed to their subject and the University has a very good staff- student ratio. You can take a virtual tour of the campus.
- St Mary’s offers 60 undergraduate and postgraduate taught and research degree programmes across four schools:
- Art and Humanities
- Management and Social Studies
- Education, Theology and Leadership
- Sport, Health and Applied Science
Undergraduate subject areas can be combined in a unique way into joint honours degrees.
- 95% of graduates enter employment or postgraduate study within six months of graduating.
- St Mary’s offers international students undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships. Visit the website for details on international scholarships.
- In the National Student Survey (NSS) UK Wide Survey ranked in the Top 15 for ‘teaching excellence’ in Higher Education.
- Training base for Athletes from the Chinese, Irish, Japanese and South African team in the 2012 Olympics Games.
- 85% student satisfaction rate in most recent NSS Student Satisfaction Survey
Kaushal Rajan, India
“I'm a first year from Gujarat, India, taking an undergraduate degree in Geography at St Mary’s. I chose St Mary’s because I wanted to study in London and it seemed to offer a good welcome to international students and a course that suited me. I'm hoping to continue my studies at Masters level, with a view to becoming involved in environmental management when I've finished my education.” Read More…