The University of East London (UEL) is a vibrant, modern university with a highly diverse population of 19,000 students drawn from more than 120 nationalities.
We enjoy a superb location in east London, just a short train ride from the city centre. Our two campuses are in the rapidly evolving Royal Docks area and in nearby Stratford – famous for hosting the 2012 London Olympics and Paralympics. The area is one of Europe’s largest regeneration zones and a magnet for high-tech companies and arts organisations.
Our heritage as an educational institution dates back more than a century to when we were founded in 1898. Nowadays, we are a forward-thinking place of learning with cutting-edge facilities. We embrace new technology and innovative ways of teaching and we enjoy a global reputation for the quality and impact of our research.
The University of East London (UEL) aims to be London’s leading university for civic engagement, deepening your learning experience by giving you the chance to work on real-life projects at home and abroad.
We are committed to making a difference to society through world-class, high-impact research and by fostering confident, life-ready individuals capable of achieving extraordinary things for themselves and their communities.
We are pioneering new ways of learning, giving you the richest possible university experience and skills that will maximise your career prospects.
The University of East London offers more than 300 undergraduate and postgraduate courses and a variety of research opportunities through its distinctive schools. We also offer a range of distance and online learning courses.
The University is truly a global learning community with more than 120 different nationalities represented among 19,000-strong students population.
Our academic staff are also drawn from a wide range of countries and backgrounds. We offer a tolerant, multicultural learning environment and a safe, comfortable place to live at our waterside Docklands Student Village.
Top 10 reasons to study at UEL
- Studying/Living in London – The University is located in London which is UK’s most exciting and cosmopolitan city that offers excellent cultural and social opportunities. London is home to over 100,000 students from 200 countries.
- Impressive facilities – The University offers exemplary teaching and learning facilities. UEL has been ranked among the top universities in the UK for investment per student in facilities.
- Broad portfolio of programmes – A comprehensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes have been designed to meet the academic interests and career expectations of students.
- Subject expertise and teaching excellence – UEL has been awarded the highest possible rating for ‘Quality of study programmes and academic standards of the degrees’ by UK government’s Quality Assurance Agency.
- Research intensive – UEL has been rated among the top 10 UK universities for research. The University offers an active research atmosphere for students.
- Specialist support services – The University of East London is one of the only three UK universities that hold the UK government’s Charter Mark award in recognition of excellence in customer services.
- Scholarships for international students – UEL takes pride in offering a variety of scholarships to international studentswith excellent academic qualifications that range up to £4,000.
- Ranked No. 1 in the UK for inclusivity – The University of East London is one of the most inclusive universities in the UK with a diverse student population coming from different cultural, social, religious and ethnic backgrounds.
- Active Alumni network – UEL’s vibrant alumni network helps international students to stay in contact. Current in-country international alumni groups organise social activities and also provide good career networking opportunities.
- Free international orientation programme – The International Office offers a free programme to welcome new international students to London and UEL.