Engaged in the lives of students… Adelphi University
For 119 years, Adelphi has been engaged in the local and global communities. More importantly, Adelphi is engaged in the lives of its students. As soon as students walk onto campus, they will notice Adelphi’s commitment to providing the individual attention students need to succeed.
With more than 50 academic areas of study and hundreds of on-campus resources, Adelphi has a well-established reputation for academic excellence. Students can further bolster the impact of their Adelphi education by taking advantage of all that its neighboring city, New York, can offer them.
Adelphi University subscribes to and receives accreditation from several prestigious institutions from around the USA including…
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New York State Education Department
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (For the baccalaureate and masters degree programs in nursing)
- American Psychological Association
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Council on Social Work Education
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
Adelphi University has been nationally recognized and cited by several well-respected organizations and publications such as The Princeton Review, U.S. News and World Report, Fiske Guide to Colleges and Forbes as a top choice for a quality education.
Some rankings include…
- U.S. News & World Report listed Adelphi as a Best College in its critique of 1,600 institutions, ranking it in the top ten percent nationwide.
- Adelphi has been recognized by the Fiske Guide to Colleges as one of the USA’s “best and most interesting” institutions and for 11 consecutive years has been listed among a select number of Best Buys in higher education.
More in the Points of Pride section…
Small, Beautiful Campus
Adelphi’s home in Garden City combines the excitement and convenience of an urban center with the charm and safety of a small residential community. The University’s campus is only a short walk from the train with a fast 45-minute ride to New York City’s Penn Station. The Campus is a fully sustainable green campus—one registered as a national arboretum. Adelphi uses only 100 percent natural, organic techniques to maintain its grounds and sustain a fuel-efficient environment.
New York City: The Classroom That Never Sleeps
New York City is Garden City’s neighbor and also one of the most vibrant cities on earth. What this means for Adelphi a student is that they are able to take advantage of its cultural and professional opportunities that are right on their doorstep.
The Career Accelerator Program
The Career Accelerator will give students the skills and knowledge to excel professionally, whether they are searching for their career path, exploring postgraduate degree programs, preparing to lead their family’s business or planning to start their own company.
Designed exclusively for international undergraduate students, the Career Accelerator features unique workshops, real-world experiences, cross-cultural group work and skills-based training. Once they have progressed beyond the Undergraduate Accelerator, students will continue to work with their advisor on their individual career plan.
Undergraduate international students are eligible for merit, talent and athletic scholarships that range from USD6,000 to full tuition.
Students don’t have to wait until their senior year to use Adelphi’s career development services. Aside from planning for their life after graduation, the Career and Professional Development facilitates on- and off-campus jobs while still a student, internship preparation, and workshops to develop their professional skills.
From their first day here, through Commencement when students join their alumni network of 90,000 plus, Adelphi will be an active partner in their success.