Pittsburg State University (Pitt State) is a comprehensive state university that has a proud heritage and an academic glory, which dates back to 1903. At Pittsburg State University, students can select from over 100 academic programs within the colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business, Education, and Technology. The University campus has more than 7,400 students, with a student to faculty ratio of 19-to-1.
Why study at Pittsburg State University?
Launch pad to a successful career
- Placement rate is extremely high, approaching 100 percent in many programs
- Graduate starting salaries trend above national averages
- Strong record of preparing students for success in medical school and other graduate and professional-school programs
A wide range of academic offerings
Quality education at affordable cost
- Tuition fees are among the lowest in the region
- Four out of five Pitt State students receive some form of financial aid
- Abundant opportunities for internships, cooperative education, independent projects, and other kinds of hands-on learning
Study abroad options
- Study abroad options for students in more than 20 countries and five continents
Sharpens leadership skills
- Students can hone their leadership skills through PELP
- Students can actively involve and widen their leadership skills through 150 student-run clubs and organizations
The University housing provides safe, attractive, and comfortable residential facilities through its seven Halls of residences:
- Crimson Commons
- Bowen Hall
- Dellinger Hall
- Nation Hall
- Trout Hall
- Tanner Complex
- Willard Hall
Some of the international scholarships on offer include:
International Undergraduate Global Achievement Scholarship
This $2,000 renewable scholarship will be awarded per semester up to eight semesters totaling $16,000.Applicant must apply as a new international undergraduate and be accepted as a degree-seeking, full-time student (International Admission).
Students must produce two reference letters and a personal statement essay. They must have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Intensive English Program Academic Excellence Scholarship
International students achieving the highest grade in the APC level of the Intensive English Program are eligible for this award. Students need not apply for the scholarship; they will be considered based on their grades in the APC level of IEP. This is a one-time award, not exceeding $1000 per award. Awards will be distributed each semester as a tuition waiver.
Pittsburg State University offers graduate assistantships in most academic departments and some administrative departments. Assistantships are available as teaching, administrative and research. Students interested in applying for an assistantship must contact the department they are interested in working with. Click here for more information on graduate assistantships.
General University Scholarships & Academic Department Scholarships
Scholarships are also awarded by most of the academic departments. Students may contact the department chair or their academic advisor to see what possibilities are available.
View More Scholarships…