Founded in 1872, Saint Peters University is the Jesuit university of New Jersey. The University is committed to the educational mission of the Society of Jesus. The foundation to this mission includes CuraPersonalis, care of the whole individual. The faculty and staff provide individual attention to students and provide students a strong liberal arts curriculum. In addition to the Core Curriculum students have an abundant offering of internships and Cooperative education. The University is a diverse community of learners in undergraduate, graduate and professional programs excelling intellectually; leading ethically; serving compassionately and promoting justice in the ever-changing urban and global environment.
The University has approximately about 3000 students who come from many destinations across the US and the world. With an undergraduate student-faculty ratio of about 12:1, average class sizes are about 18 students, facilitating personalized student attention.
Located in Jersey City, New Jersey the campus is a self-contained and an active community. Only a 15 minute train ride to New York City, our students are able to travel quickly and conveniently throughout the area. Jersey City is considered the “Wall Street West” and sits across the Hudson River from lower Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty and all the area cultural attractions.
Saint Peter’s Facts:
- Saint Peter's University offers over 50 undergraduate and graduate programs.
- The University has seven graduate degree programs in Education, Business, Accountancy, Public Administration, Strategic Communication, Data Science and Nursing each offering a wide range of concentrations.
- Our remarkably diverse undergraduate and graduate student body originates from 29 states and from more than 36 countries around the world.
- Fall 2012 student body: 3,045
- Fall Undergraduate students: 2,344.
- Average undergraduate class size: 18.
- Percentage of Full-time undergraduates living on campus: 41%.
- Master’s and Doctoral students: 728.
- Geographic Origin: 82% of full-time undergraduates are from New Jersey, 14% are from other states, and 4% are from foreign countries.
- Saint Peter’s offers Data Science/Data Mining programs that only 28 universities in USA do.