Unique. Exceptional. Just like its students.
The University of California, Irvine was founded in 1965, and in a short span of time has quickly risen to become one of the top research universities in the world.
UCI is a beautiful school, a clean and nice campus with a lot of green areas and a stunning park in the middle. Here, students will be a part of a very healthy student environment filled with friendly and outgoing people, where the possibilities for both academic knowledge and extracurricular activities seem endless.
A record 98,000 students sought admission to UCI in fall 2016. Want to know the reasons why? Keep reading…
Students rank near the top of their class. So does UCI.
- UCI DCE ranked No.1 in the U.S. among universities under 50 years old - Times Higher Education.
- Most students admitted to UCI graduate in the top 10 percent of their class, excel in college preparatory courses, and do very well on their entrance exams.
- UCI received the honor of welcoming President Barack Obama as the keynote speaker for its 2014 Commencement Ceremony
- It ranks 9th among U.S. public universities and 42nd among all universities nationally by U.S. News & World Report
- The University ranks 47th in the world according to the Shanghai Jiao Tong rankings
Among UCI’s faculty are Nobel laureates and Pulitzer Prize winners, and alumni that are making remarkable contributions in the world.
80+ Areas of Study
From diverse sciences and law, to arts and education, UCI offers a stellar line-up of programs.
International Programs, a department of UC Irvine’s Division of Continuing Education (DCE), offers life-enriching academic, professional, and cultural experiences to international audiences to help them succeed in today’s competitive global environment. The experiences provided include superior English-language instruction, post-graduate certificates with pathways to internship options and Optional Practical Training (OPT), and comprehensive preparation for successful undergraduate and graduate studies. Keep reading the next few sections for more on this.
The University’s Student Center offers two main food courts, the Anthill Pub & Grill, ZotZone arcade and pool tables, and the UCI bookstore named The Hill. The Center also serves as home for ASUCI, the student government, the Office of Student Life and Leadership, the International Center, and housing administrative services. There are always activities, performances, club meetings, and special events happening here. Want to have a look at the UCI DCE Campus? Take A Virtual Tour…
International Programs offers students three different housing options
- University Apartments, which allow students to interact with and explore the community, while practicing English in real-life situations
- Campus Dormitories, where students will be surrounded by the excitement of campus life and have more instant access to university resources
- Homestays, which will immerse students in American culture within a family environment
Where do UCI Graduates Go?
Top recent employers include Google; Amazon; Meridian Link; Microsoft; PricewaterhouseCoopers; Walt Disney Corporation; Western Digital Amazon; Boeing; Broadcom; Deloitte; Ernst and Young; Johnson & Johnson and many more.
Interested? Apply Now!