1 800 103 2581
The applicant must meet the eligibility criteria in order to be considered for one of these scholarships. The applicant should:
1. Hold a non-Dutch passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study for grants and loans;
2. Have been admitted to a Master's Programme within the Utrecht University Graduate School Geosciences;
3. Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent thereof from a non-Dutch university with a Grade Point Average of 7,5 or higher according to the Dutch grade system. In the Netherlands grades from 1.0 up to 10.0 are used, with 1 being lowest and 10 the highest. A GPA of 7,5 is (for instance) comparable with at least an 60% in the UK and a B+ (or a 3.3) in the United States.
4. Belong to the top 20% of his/her final undergraduate year, as evidenced by a university statement;
5. Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (only for students from non EEA countries).
- The completed Geosciences Scholarship application form;
- Your bachelor’s thesis or equivalent thereof in English;
- A motivation letter of one page, explaining why this scholarship should be awarded to you.
It is strongly advised to send the scholarship application at the same time as your application for the Master’s Programme
5,000 Euro per year for a maximum duration of two years
1 March 2017
Social and Behavioural Sciences Excellence Scholarship
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
1. Their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study;
2. The academic quality and results of the preceding education, as evidenced, for example, by grades, test scores, publications, letters of recommendation;
3. The quality and relevance of the motivation letter (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
4. The quality of the application itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
In order to be considered for this scholarship you should:
- have a non-Dutch nationality;
- hold a non-Dutch Secondary education degree;
- have been admitted to one of the two year Master’s programmes mentioned above;
- be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa if applicable.
Failure to meet one or more of these criteria automatically means the student is not eligible for this scholarship.
The Social and Behavioural Sciences Excellence Scholarship offers a number of highly talented prospective students the opportunity to pursue a degree in one of the following two-year English taught Master’s programmes:
- Cultural Anthropology: Sociocultural Transformation
- Development and Socialisation in Childhood and Adolescence
- Educational Sciences: Learning in Interaction
- Methodology and Statistics for the Behavioural, Biomedical and Social Sciences
- Migration, Ethnic Relations and Multiculturalism
- Social and Health Psychology
- Sociology and Social Research
If you wish to be considered for the scholarship then you have to apply for admission to the programme before 1 February. There is no seperate application for the scholarship itself. You have to request in your motivation letter (which is a requested document for your application for admission, see 'Admission and Application' per programme) to be nominated for the scholarship.
EU/EAA students: 10.500 euro living expenses per year (max 2 years); non EU/EAA students: 10.500 euro living expenses per year (max 2 years) + waiver for the institutional tuition fees
Expected February 2017
Utrecht Excellence Scholarships
- To be eligible for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, you must
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Have been admitted to the Bachelor’s programme in Economics and Business Economics or to University College Utrecht; have applied for an international master’s programme
- Hold a relevant secondary school diploma (for a Bachelor’s programme), or an equivalent there of or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands.
It is not possible to apply for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship. The selection committee of the programme will select eligible candidates on the basis of the selection criteria mentioned above.
Max. tuition fee plus 11.000 euro living expenses per year
1 April 2017