1 800 103 2581
PASSHE Study Abroad Awards
Eligible candidates must meet the following criteria at their home institution by time of study abroad departure:
- Must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at a PASSHE university
- Must be a Pell Grant and/or PHEAA recipient
- Must be a legal permanent resident of Pennsylvania
- Must participate in a study abroad program approved for PASSHE university credit
- Must have completed a minimum of 24 undergraduate credits (including validated transfer credits)
- Must be in good academic and judicial standing
- Must demonstrate self-reliance, maturity, and flexibility to deal with the challenges and opportunities associated with study abroad programs
- Preference will be given to:
- Students who have no previous experience of travel abroad or study abroad
- Students who are enrolled in programs offering three weeks or more residence abroad.
Applicants must have completed and send the application form along with the following documents: Documentation of current grade point average (e.g., official or unofficial transcript); Personal Statement (250 words minimum, 500 words maximum); Reference Letter (from university faculty member attesting to student’s suitability for study abroad) and Financial Cost Sheet (brief itemized summary of travel costs required by study abroad program). Deadlines: Winter: Sep 20; Summer: Mar 20; Fall: Apr 20; Spring: Oct 20.
USD $500.00 - USD $2,000
20 March 2017, 20 April 2017
Center for International Programs Awards
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a West Chester University degree-seeking student
- Must be participating in a credit-bearing program (either WCU faculty-led program or pre-approved program provider)
- Preference will be given to students demonstrating high financial need.
- Preference will be given to students who have not previously received the Study Abroad Travel Award.
Application Requirements: Letter of Application - Provide a 1 page letter that describes your interest in applying, presents any background knowledge that you feel is relevant, articulates how the study abroad experience that you selected links to your academic and intellectual development, and discuss why you are a deserving candidate for the award; Letter of Recommendation - One letter from a faculty member or an organizational advisor that knows you well. This letter should speak to your academic ability, communication skills, and readiness for international program participation. The letter may be submitted by paper, or by direct email from the faculty member; Unofficial Copy of your Transcript (from MyWCU); This Study Abroad Travel Award application form - The form must be signed and dated by all parties. All of the application requirements listed above must be submitted to the Center for International Programs (3rd floor of Mitchell Hall) in hard copy or via email (in one email). Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Deadlines: Winter/Spring semester: Nov 1; summer semester: Mar 1; fall semester: Jul 1.
USD $500.00 - USD $2,000
1 November 2016, 1 March 2017, 1 July 2017
PASSHE Foundation Scholarships
- Full-time undergraduate students at State System universities
- Must be Pell Grant or PHEAA qualified
- Resident of PA
- Must be participating in a institutionally approved overseas program
- Must be in good academic and judicial standing.
Contact the provider
15 May 2017