Studying abroad, just like any other growth experience you may have had in life, is without question is going to be a highly challenging one. Even the most accomplished of students may find themselves lost in an ocean of choices and with a million questions that seem to have no answers. Those who have never been abroad feel even more of an intense stress and many a times find themselves confused about everything starting right from the application process.
Confusion! Confusion! Confusion!
Here are just a few common questions that students looking to study abroad commonly seem to ask:
- Is it a requirement to fulfil English language requirements even if my first language is English throughout school?
- After having studied abroad previously, do I really have to take English language tests anyway?
- How far ahead prior to my application, do I have to take my language tests?
- How do I arrange for my TOEFL/IELTS results to be posted directly to the Uni?
- When do I need to apply to get admission into the program that I like at X Uni?
- For paper applications, what kind of payment mode do universities accept?
- Can I apply to multiple course choices within the same Uni or twice to the same course within one academic year?
- How do I upload my transcripts to X Uni website?
- How do I continue when my application fee payment was unsuccessful?
- What do I do when I’m unable to submit my application because my research proposal, no matter how short I cut it to be, seems to exceed maximum length?
- What is the real deadline for submission of application and all required supporting documents for X Uni?
The answers to each and every one of these questions vary on a case-by-case basis. However are a few common, simple set of steps you can take to minimise all the confusion you seem to be experiencing.
Don’t Miss Anything Out!
In general, all students who are looking to study abroad must, in addition to having valid passports and study visas, ensure they collect all supporting documentation necessary for successful application. It will not help strike a positive note with the uni in case you forget to attach some documentation while applying- this will reflect rather poorly on you. The uni will expect you to read through instructions carefully and will want you to be able to follow direction precisely. Make sure you go through the application procedure a number of times and cross check thoroughly before you submit that application.
Get An Agent!
It is highly advisable that you turn to an educational consultant of the Uni for any kind of help with the application process. The educational consultant will be able to give you the kind of guidance and professional help that you require at this point. He will be able to clear all your confusion about the process of X Uni better than anyone else. An education counselor from Mumbai, B Bhide, who works in association with an international educational consultant, tells us, “Overseas education consultants have years of experience and knowledge in their field. Students can use their experience to make the right choices...”
Hotcourses is Here For You!
We, at Hotcourses India, hand you an even better option to help you out in this crucial stage in your life. All you need to do is click on the 'please call me back' button to register on the website. You need to fill in your details and verify your phone number to talk to our advisors. Our advisors will call you and you can receive expert guidance on everything related to studying abroad. It's simple and free of cost!
Have A Plan!
After you receive the offer letter, get all set for your future with a realistic and solid plan. Starting from your accommodation to your academia and extra curriculars, plan out how you are going to go about everything. Make sure you prepare yourself well for your uni life and overlook as much as possible the minute you decide your uni of study. You are more likely to be more focused if you walk into your student life at your dream university-if you already have a fair idea of what to expect and how to make the best of your time there.
Be Well Informed!
As a student, make sure you do your bit by doing proper research about the uni through their site and generally learn as much as you can about the place you are to land in soon so that you can familiarise yourself with the uni (such as student reviews, accommodation, job opportunities on campus etc) way before you actually land there. Don’t fail to remember that this will be your new home for the next couple of years- so the more you take an effort to know about it, the better the experience will be for you right from day one.
That is really all it takes so get set for an amazing student experience in your dream uni. Hesitate no longer and get started on your study abroad quest now – with confidence and positivity!