Going to university is not just about education. It’s also a huge leap into being a responsible adult (since you’re leaving home for the first time!). But to avoid you being boring Jane, we’ve compiled a list of things that you must do whilst in university! Go on – let your hair down!
- Organise loads of house parties. Crank on the music, get the drinks, invite people you know, people you barely know and people you don’t like! You’re in university - let your hair down!
- Date someone. Anyone! Do you know that the highest rate of inter-student marriages in Britain belongs to Durham University (around 72%).
- Study in the library all night. Sleep in it if you have to.
- Establish yourself – have a nickname, be famous for something. The comedian perhaps?
- Apply for jobs and internships. Even the horrible ones. You need the cash and experience.
- Pull an all-nighter when assignment deadline’s the next day.
- Get involved with as many societies as you can. Attend every event possible.
- Do something silly for charity.
- Play a crazy prank on your housemate. He won’t be pleased, but you’ll laugh over it for at least the next 10 years!
- Make your student bar and union your second home!
- Represent your university. Be it at football, cheerleading, game shows, fashion shows – you name it.
- Get your lecturers something nice as a thank you gesture. A teaching job can sometimes be thankless.
- Go dancing till wee hours in the morning. You’re still a student – have fun!
How to deal with homesickness
How to deal with culture shock when studying abroad
To find out more about studying abroad, just click here.
Don't forget to download your free prospectus. It's everything you need to know from choosing a courses to finance.