The Centre for Digital Media (CDM), is located on Great Northern Way Campus, Vancouver, and offers the Master of Digital Media (MDM) program - an internationally recognized, research informed and industry relevant professional graduate program. CDM is jointly owned by the University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University, Emily Carr University of Art + Design, and the British Columbia Institute of Technology. The Master of Digital Media degree is jointly awarded by all four universities – making it unlike any other masters program in the world.
Why Choose the Master of Digital Media Program?
- The Master of Digital Media program is industry focused and driven by experiential learning through project courses.
- Experienced, knowledgeable, top-level faculty guide students in a learning environment that encourages bold creativity and collaboration.
- Smaller class sizes with a 1:7 teacher-student ratio.
- Students come from diverse educational backgrounds including computer science, design, business, engineering, the arts, and natural and social sciences.
- The MDM program is one of the only Masters programs that provides students with experience by working on real-world projects with real clients.
- The MDM program develops six core competencies in students. Together they comprise a skill set and an approach to building, managing, and leading digital media projects.
- World-leading business partners such as Microsoft, Mozilla and Autodesk provide students with internships and employment opportunities and also work with students on collaborative projects.
- Vancouver is a digital media business hub and offers many opportunities for internships, employment, and new business ventures.
- International students comprise 60 to 70% of the MDM student community, offering an exceptionally diverse study experience.
CDM offers a 8 month Pre-Master of Digital Media program to help students whose second language is English, prepare for entry into the Master of Digital Media program. A 4-week digital media boot camp called Idea-X is also available for international undergraduate students who want to explore further education and career opportunities in the games and digital entertainment industry.