The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU), established in 1937, has been dedicated to bringing positive impact to the world’s development through its quality education and innovative research. PolyU emphasizes nurturing and unleashing students’ creativity and preparing them to be leaders of tomorrow with a serving heart to the community. As the largest publicly funded university in Hong Kong in terms of student population (over 32,000 students), PolyU is a dynamic international learning and research community with international studentsand academic staff-members from over 40 countries.
We have earned our reputation as a progressive, forward-thinking university. All PolyU programmes are designed to equip students with knowledge and professional skills needed for the globalised world. Students can choose from a diverse and wide range of programmes offered bysix faculties and two schools, many of our programmes are internationally recognised for their unique combination of theory and practice, and our programmes are ranked in the world’s top 50 subject rankings. PolyU has 6 faculties and 2 schools:
- Faculty of Applied Sciences and Textiles
- Faculty of Business
- Faculty of Construction and Environment
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Health and Social Sciences
- School of Design
- School of Hotel and Tourism Management
Over the years, PolyU has groomed more than 340,000 graduates, many of whom have become leaders in their professional fields, contributing their knowledge and expertise for the wellbeing of Hong Kong and the world.
Why to study at PolyU?
- Unique world-class programmes that combine studying with real working experience
- Ranked 8th in the QS “50 Under 50” list of world's top young universities 2014/15
- Ranked 29th in Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings 2015
- Strong focus on innovation and solving real-world problems
- Best Welcoming Service for International Students in Hong Kong (iGraduate Survey 2014)
- Best Student Accommodation in Hong Kong (iGraduate Survey 2014)
- Vibrant student life and variety of student communities