Otago Polytechnic is proud to be a leader in hands-on, career-focused education, achieving some of the best student achievement and satisfaction results in Australasia, and earning resounding endorsements from employers.
Otago Polytechnic is a fun and vibrant place to study
When you’re choosing somewhere to study you want to know you’re selecting the best option for your future career.
These days, you need to make sure that your study gives you the best chance of achieving what you want in life and every year more than 7,000 students choose Otago Polytechnic to help them reach that goal.
Why not join them and participate in one of our 100+ diverse programmes, from certificates to postgraduate qualifications, covering health to art & design, engineering to IT, and veterinary nursing to adventure & snowsports?
Our qualifications are internationally-recognised and we have achieved the highest possible quality ratings from the New Zealand Qualifications Authority for our educational performance – so you can feel very confident about the quality of your learning.
Many of our staff are experts in their professional fields and you will benefit from their up-to-date knowledge and industry connections. Our small class sizes mean that lecturers will know you by name and you have the freedom to learn, explore and question in a supportive environment.
Our international student support services are extensive and we make sure that you have everything you need to study successfully and enjoy your time with us. And with plenty of recreational and social activities organised on all three campuses, you get the chance to develop friends with New Zealand to experience the New Zealand lifestyle.
With student satisfaction ratings amongst the highest in Australasia, your study experience at Otago Polytechnic will be a rewarding and worthwhile investment that prepares you for a successful future!
- Campus locations: Dunedin, Central Otago and Auckland
- Accommodation options: Choice of homestay, private hostels and shared apartments. Advice and support is available to find accommodation.
- Facilities and Services include: a new well-resourced library, on-campus student health services, gym membership and recreational services, on campus IT store and services, a Students Association, a Learning Centre - (to assist with your assignments), counselling services and full international students support services.
- 98% of our graduates in work, study or both- on completion of studies.
- Employers love our graduates- we have 92% employer approval
- In our student community, you will be part of an experience run by students, for students.
- With our friendly student support, you will have some of the best times of your life!
Interested? A few more reasons to choose us…