LASALLE College of the Arts in Singapore is a leading tertiary institution in cutting edge contemporary arts and design education and practice. The college offers over 30 diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in fine arts, design communication, interior design, product design, film, animation, fashion, dance, music, theatre, arts management, arts pedagogy and practice, art therapy and Asian art histories.
Its faculty is led by a community of award-winning artists, designers, educators and researchers, and their practice-led research sets LASALLE apart as an international centre of excellence. Critically acclaimed alumni form the core of the cultural and creative sectors in Singapore and increasingly, internationally.
Founded in 1984 by De La Salle Brother Joseph McNally – a visionary artist and educator – LASALLE is a not-for-profit, private educational institution. LASALLE receives tuition grant support from the Singapore Ministry of Education.Its degree programmes are validated by Goldsmiths, University of London.
… because you want to be a hotshot art director in advertising, a trendsetting fashion designer who sets the international runways ablaze, a critically-acclaimed Broadway superstar, an Oscar-winning movie director, and a leader in your chosen field of the creative industry.
At LASALLE, you will…
- Learn in a real arts school which is practice-led and industry focused.
- Experience the creative collisions that spark artistic revolutions through unlimited interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Be in a progressive environment where you are encouraged to be a creative individual.
- Be mentored by some of the best international arts practitioners and taught by practicing artists from the creative industries.
- Be plugged into the global arts scene with visits by the world’s premier arts celebrities: Lord David Puttnam, Peter Fonda, Joan Chen, Robert Wilson, Mark Eley, Marcel Wanders, Thomas Heatherwick, Gilbert & George, Victoria Beckham, Diane von Fürstenberg and more.
- Be in an accredited institution with programmes that are original and developed by LASALLE.
- Benefit from our robust internship programmes and collaborations with established industry partners that lead to gainful employment.
- Be well sought after: 93% of LASALLE graduates holding full-time permanent jobs received their first job offer within three months after graduation.*
- Be embraced by a diverse community with 40% of students and lecturers from more than 40 countries, in a conducive hub of artistic energy. If you are from Singapore, ask yourself, “Why go abroad when abroad is here?”
- Eat, breathe, and live creativity 24/7 with a range of activities like on-campus exhibitions, performances, gigs, open mics, and arts markets in our award-winning campus.
*Based on Graduate Employment Survey 2015
So come to LASALLE if what you want is a successful career in the arts!
LASALLE has become the first local institution to be awarded the EduTrust Star award, the highest mark of quality awarded to a private school in Singapore.
President Professor Steve Dixon said that the school did well in all areas of the review, and emphasised the “high quality of staff and teaching facilities”.
Third year BA(Hons) Arts Management student Ms Priscilia Liew mentioned that “she was glad to know the education that students are receiving is of a high quality, and that the school is managed well”. She also shared that “future employers will also be more reassured” knowing that the school is highly certified.
The Crowbar Awards
For the third-year running, LASALLE has emerged at the top of the honour roll as the Institution of the Year.
Regarded as one of the most prestigious competitions for young creatives across Asia-Pacific, attracting more than 1,000 entries, our students are recognised as the best of the best, clinching Best of Show five times at the Crowbar Awards in the past years.
This year, our students won 57 awards across broad artistic categories, also emerging victorious in the 24-hour advertising challenge by SPH. Crowbar winners are much sought-after by the industry, joining illustrious alumni who are movers and shakers in the creative world.
LASALLE’s cutting-edge pedagogy ensures that our students are not only great designers but also the creative leaders of tomorrow, conceiving innovative and award-winning works.
MINIMUM IELTS SCORE
MINIMUM TOEFL IBT
AVERAGE TUITION FEE PER YEAR*